All the men in my family are chocolate obsessed. They must have a genetic predisposition to it. This extremely moist cake is for them, and for all chocolate lovers.
Serves 10-12 people
12 oz dark chocolate – chopped into small pieces
12 oz unsalted butter
9 oz sugar
6 eggs – lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium sized saucepan over low heat, melt the sugar and butter until completely melted and smooth.
3. Add the chocolate and melt until completely incorporated and smooth once more.
4. Remove from the heat, let the mixture cool down for 5 minutes and stir in the beaten eggs.
5. Pour the cake mixture into a parchment lined cake tin. Place the cake in the center of the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and invert it onto a cake plate. Remove the cake tin and parchment paper. Let cool for 20 minutes before dusting with cocoa powder. Serve with crÃ¨me fraiche or vanilla ice cream, or both.Note: It will still be very moist so that a knife inserted will not come out clean.